Friday, December 25, 2009

Today

The day begun with my youngest jumping on the bed at 6am saying, “Merry Christmas! Can we open presents yet?” Oh, not yet…… I didn’t stumble out of bed until 7am and then of course had to wake up my little Vampire. Most of you know her as Cat. She has since barely slept. If she does sleep, it’s a short nap during from 4am-8am. Gifts were opened and loved. Traditional breakfast was eaten and savored. Naps were taken and felt decadent. The day had no schedule; we ate when we were hungry, and cuddled under soft blankets when we were sleepy. We played games, and laughed. Today was a good day. We tried hard not to miss friends and family back home, but that didn’t work, because you all kept calling us all day! Thank you!! It was nice to know you were thinking the same things we were. As I write this tonight, I can’t believe another Christmas is over. It passes to quickly. We had a Merry Christmas, and hope you did too. My wish for you tonight is to snuggle in for a long winters nap. I know I will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment