Saturday, January 2, 2010

Romance is in the air.....

Romance is in the air and with Valentine’s Day approaching, I can feel it. It’s like a soft, warm blanket that wraps around your heart. Flowers smell sweeter; I notice reds and pinks where ever I go. I see more sweet glances, sense more quick heart beats. Is it me or does there seem to be extra love woven into crafts this time of year too. I know there is in mine. I can imagine first dates, first kisses, making memories with that special someone.



Valentine’s Day is a little holiday, one we usually scurry through, filling out the 24 Valentines, and taping the lollipops to our little ones cards. We send a few extra so no child is forgotten. I see people stopping on the greeting card isle to find one for their significant other, one that isn’t to over the top, but says how they feel.



But this holiday isn’t the red roses that show up on office desks, nor is it the chocolates that are shared with friends. This holiday is about taking a moment to remembering the ones we love whether romantic love, or eternal mothers love.. We take a moment to just remember, Love.




Another year will pass holidays come and go, retailers peddle their seasonal décor and gifts cashing in on another holiday. To me, romance and love can’t be found on the shelves at the local mall. They are created by the hands of crafters and artists who not only know what love is, but put it into everything they create, each and every day. If you love someone, I would give them something made with love.


 

I know there is romance in the air. I can feel it, smell it, and sense it. I’m glad there is this little holiday to remind me it’s there.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post...I LOVE that Steam Punk Heart necklace! The detail is incredible!

    ReplyDelete